- Plotline breaks stories down into plotlines and scenes. Add plotlines to cover the key strands of your story, then add scenes that reference those plotlines.
- Arrange your scenes into the classic 3-act structure.
- Lay your scenes out with the scene overview tool, a scrolling window into your story that shows the ebb and flow of your scenes according to how intense the scene should be.
- Move your scenes around between acts to get the best dramatic structure for your story.
- Generate a synopsis of your story for reference when you write.
- Export the synopsis as a plain text format file or as an OPML file for import into other supported programs.
- A built-in set of help documents are always to hand to guide you through using the program.
Please note: Plotline is not a word-processor. It is a planning tool that allows you to build up a view of the layout of your story.